Sunday, July 18, 2010

does anyone know what happened to blognetnews.com?

Does anyone know what happened to blognetnews.com?

It has been a blog aggregator site, compiling politically-oriented blogs by state-- quite helpful for allowing me to follow happenings and encouraging people to check out my material. I can no longer easily get to other sites and don't want to follow them so closely by becoming a "follower". And I haven't been as active this summer as in the past, but my web traffic has fallen to levels I haven't seen since the first month or so.

It's been down for a week or so. I hope they get back up! In the meantime, consider becoming a "follower" (at the top left of the main screen).

UPDATE: From (the founder) Dave Mastio's Facebook site, this link says that it's gone-- at least until the economy picks up.

7 Comments:

At July 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger William Lang said...

Several bloggers report that due to decreasing ad revenue, its owner Dave Mastio shut it down.

 
At July 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Eric Schansberg said...

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the update.

That gets to a larger point-- about ad revenues on the internet in general and blogs in particular. I don't really understand how that works (out) at all.

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM , Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM , Blogger John said...

I have been using Google reader to access your content recently. It pulls all of my blogs and podcasts to one area and syncs with my phone. Its also the only way I can get to my blogs at work. I wonder how services like these are impacting blogs and podcasts traffic. I am assuming blognetnews was like this?

 
At July 21, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Eric Schansberg said...

Blognetnews was a website that listed all registered (political) blogs for a given state. So, if you went to their site, you would see (in chronological order) the entries (author/blog, title of post and brief intro) for the last 12-24 hours.

Does GoogleReader do anything like that-- or just allow you to focus on a blog you've already identified?

 
At July 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Blogger John said...

It is designed for blogs you are following or have discovered. They do have some political bundle blogs, but probably not nearly in depth as Blognetnews.

 
At June 29, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Franz said...

Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with that website. Too bad for Dave that he had to shut it down. What happened to him now, btw? Now I know how important web traffic is for a site to generate more revenue and stay at its peak.

-Franz Perrigo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home