Monday, October 22, 2007

C.S. Lewis quote-of-the-week

“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing.”

--Mere Christianity, book 3, ch. 10

This beautiful passage speaks to the reality of God, heaven, conscience, grace, and the leading of God in constructing a world that points us to Him...



2 Comments:

At April 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite author. I like his masterpiece Mere Christianity. One of my favorite C.S. Lewis quotes is:

"God intends to give us what we need,
Not what we now think we want."

Truly inspiring. Cheers to all!

 
At April 2, 2016 at 12:51 AM , Blogger Health is Wealth said...

Lovely quote this one. Also I have compiled. Thanks for sharing. You may like- http://www.quoteschart.com/C-S-Lewis-quotes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home