Thursday, November 1, 2007

the C-J takes another shot at Thomas...

OK, it's 3-1 now-- in the anti-Clarence Thomas vs. pro-CT essays from the C-J, in the wake of his autobiography.

This time, it's Betty Winston Baye weighing in with her criticisms. My favorite remark comes at the end:

Thomas once posted a sign in his office that said, "I ain't evolving." That's no virtue in anybody, but it's frightful in a Supreme Court justice.

First of all, I'm not sure I want my Supreme Court justices "evolving"-- whatever that means.

Second, it's difficult to see how Baye has evolved in all of her years as an editorialist for the C-J. My own personal experience: I wrote her a number of times-- on economics, Christianity, etc.-- and never heard a word back from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home