Tuesday, December 4, 2007

the BCS? what a mess...

It reminds me of the anti-thesis of the tagline from those Old Milwaukee commercials-- as people would say "It doesn't get any better than this" while drinking lame beer. Well, as bad as the BCS system is, it doesn't get any worse than this. The championship game: Ohio State's one loss with a weak schedule vs. LSU's two losses? Blech! And Missouri is out while Kansas gets into a BCS game?! Please...

I've never been a big bowl-game watcher. But I typically catch some of the biggest games. This year, as a protest, I won't do that. I'm happy for IU and Bill Lynch after their emotional season. But I haven't seen them all year and could care less about such a mediocre bowl game. I might watch the Kentucky game if it's convenient. They've had an enjoyable year and are fun to watch. And I'd like to see if Hawaii can hang with Georgia. I love a good underdog story-- and could get into rooting for the Rainbows.

The best news of this bizarre season is that the BCS doesn't even have a fig leaf with which to cover itself anymore. Hopefully, this will start the ball rolling to change the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home