Friday, February 20, 2009

Gov. Sanford the Libertarian

It's usually a smile to hear a public official claim the Libertarian mantle.

I don't know Gov. Sanford's work, but he was speaking to CATO, so that's a good sign!

It's not yet available on the web (I just got it the most recent [Winter 2009] Cato's Letter in the mail yesterday), but Sanford opened his speech with this:

Back home in Columbia, SC, when people get exasperated with me, they throw out what they think of as a terrible pejorative: "You're not a Republican," they say. "You're a libertarian!" Of course, I always take that as a compliment. "I'm guilty," I respond. "I love liberty."

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Martina said...

I can't believe you don't know Sanford's work! Shy of you and Ron Paul, he's my favorite politician. He was a self term limited Senator.

For fun, google up his "pork & barrel" shenanigans!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home