Monday, July 13, 2009

choice (and tolerance) for me, but not for thee

Here's a recent essay by Amy Henry in World-- on the topic of legal conscience protections for pharmacists and the probable attack on those by President Obama and his Congress.

I don't know why I hadn't seen this before, but the proposed legislation is ironically titled the "Freedom of Choice Act"-- pointing to the choice of the woman to have an abortion, rather than the choice of the pharmacist or, of course, the baby.

This is "choice" to liberals-- much as they see "tolerance". The choice and tolerance only extend so far-- coincidentally, as far as they want to exercise choice and tolerance. Classy!

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 1:01 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Eric,

Thank you very much for bringing attention to this issue.

As a retail pharmacist, I have been directly confronted with the "choices" of which you write.
Plan B is on our shelf at work.

Thankfully, my company has allowed pharmacy employees to opt out of dispensing this drug based on the right of conscience.

Although I do not provide this drug to patients, I do try to provide an explanation of the potential abortifacient mechanism of these types of drugs when people ask for them.

It is difficult for me to imagine anyone being forced to be involved in ending a human life. In fact, I will resign before that happens.

Evidently Obama feels it important for all health care providers to be on the same page here to facilitate a smooth transition to state-run healthcare.
Freedoms (for everyone) will evaporate in the process.

 
At July 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Eric Schansberg said...

Thanks for your testimony. I pray that this does not pass. And I'll pray that you'll have tactful courage to deal with whatever comes your way.

 
At July 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Yes, Tactful Courage - that's what I need.

Appreciate the prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home