Tuesday, November 3, 2009

it's pseudogamy that's destroying marriage

From Anthony Esolen in the Oct/Nov issue of Touchstone...

...Our problem is pseudogamy, false marriage, and it assumes many forms. Same-sex pseudogamy is but the latest and most flagrantly absurd, but it is not the first.

We find the most fundamental form, from which other corruptions rise up like diseases, when a man and woman go through the ceremony and utter the traditional words “as long as you both shall live,” while harboring the mental reservation, “as long, that is, as I am happy,” or “as long as the marriage ‘works,’” whatever that is supposed to mean....we don’t have people who are not married behaving as if they were, but people who are married (or who present themselves as having been married) behaving as if they were not.

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2009 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been married twice. My first marriage was pseudogamous. It was one that we did not invite God, the creator of marriage.

Fastforward...In my marriage of nearly 5 years I see everyday that in order for my marriage to "work", my wife and I have to "work" to make it "work". It's synergisic!! I see her working and she sees me working to make our marriage better AND inviting the Lord (essential)into our marriage, the more exciting our lives together are and the more our marriage "works". As a result we act as if we are joyfully married.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home