Wednesday, September 21, 2011

bringing a spoon to a gun fight

Sorry to use a metaphor of force/violence, but it's so popular that I hope you'll take it figuratively.

a.) It's kinda funny when someone brings a spoon to a knife fight.
b.) It's funnier when someone brings the same knife to a gun fight, thinking they're in good shape. 
c.) It's cool when someone learns that they only have a spoon or a knife and grows from the experience. 
d.) It's toward the peak of pathos when someone thinks that their spoon or knife is sufficient for the task and can't learn from the experience. 

Sometimes I have a spoon; others times, a knife or gun. 
Lord, please keep from overestimating what I know and help me to properly use what I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home