Wednesday, June 5, 2013

arrest rates by race for pot

From Andrew Wolfson in the C-J...

Some possible responses:
a.) Who cares? They're black.
b.) Who cares? I don't smoke weed.
c.) I think this is racist, but I imagine that govt (social, military, economic) policy will typically be neutral or sympathetic toward race.
d.) I think this is classist, but I imagine that govt (social, military, economic) policy will typically be neutral or sympathetic toward those with fewer resources.
e.) Trying to profile crime with limited resources, this is an unfortunate but inevitable result.
f.) One more ethical and practical reason why the War on Drugs is bad policy.
g.) Other (please explain)

I'll go with E and F. 


I'd guess there's quite a bit of A and B out there-- apathy. I'd guess there's quite a bit of C and D too-- somewhere between interesting and incoherent. 

Ideas for G?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home