Wednesday, July 12, 2017

disagree does not equal hate-- for Christians or pagans

All sorts of people disagree with all sorts of aspects of "my lifestyle". Maybe I missed something: Am I supposed to infer that they hate me? Here's a satirical bit from Babylon Bee on this topic. 

I love the C.S. Lewis quote on this: “I remember Christian teachers telling me long ago that I must hate a bad man's actions but not hate the bad man: or, as they would say, hate the sin but not the sinner. ...I used to think this a silly, straw-splitting distinction: how could you hate what a man did and not hate the man? But years later it occurred to me that there was one man to whom I had been doing this all my life -- namely myself. However much I might dislike my own cowardice or conceit or greed, I went on loving myself. There had never been the slightest difficulty about it. In fact the very reason why I hated the things was that I loved the man. Just because I loved myself, I was sorry to find that I was the sort of man who did those things.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home