Saturday, August 4, 2007

La Tea Dough closes

I only went there a few times. (I'm not big on the coffee and pastry scene.) But I loved the name of her business, and more important, enjoyed each of my visits. Ms. Poole had good product and friendly service. I enjoyed bringing my boys there to construct "moments"-- and she was always patient and kind to my little customers.

In the article from this morning's (Jeff/NA) News-Tribune, she cites the lack of development along Veterans Parkway as the probable reason for her business failure. I'm sure that couldn't have helped. Opponents of outgoing mayor, Rob Waiz, pointed to the lack of development as his chief failure. Tom Galligan, former and returning mayor, promised to run with the ball. I don't follow local politics closely enough to say. But if Galligan is correct, ironically, perhaps she should have stuck it out a little longer, so she could (truly) come in "just ahead of significant retail development".

I wish her all the best in her next business endeavor. Her coffee cake will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home