Thursday, November 8, 2007

why have my blog numbers jumped up?

Starting on October 29th, according to StatCounter, the number of hits on my website has jumped tremendously-- more than 2.5 times the average over the previous three months. The average day since then has been more than 20% higher than the previous record for a single day.

What's the cause and effect? Perhaps someone linked my site to theirs? If so, thanks!! Or maybe StatCounter changed the way they're measuring traffic? If so, I wish they had told me! In any case, I'm thankful to have what seems to be a far-larger audience.

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Doug said...

I doubt you have a problem on a blogger hosted site, but I remember once my site got hacked somehow -- there was an odd redirect code and links implanted in old posts. Seemed to have something to do with Russian warez. The stats really jumped.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home