Thursday, December 13, 2007

and the little children will lead them...

A nugget from my second-oldest son in his prayer before last night's dinner...

He finished up with: "I hope Jesus has a great birthday in Heaven." (We celebrated Christmas with Tonia's side of the family when her sister was in town-- so we've been focused on Christmas earlier than usual this year!)

That led to a discussion about whether they celebrate His birthday in Heaven. (We didn't get into the likelihood that Jesus was born in March or April.) Before reading Randy Alcorn's amazingly good book, Heaven, I'm not sure what I would have said. Now I would say, somewhat speculatively, that the answer is yes.

In any case, I want to celebrate his birth passionately while I'm still on Earth-- on December 25th and every day.

Happy impending Birthday, Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home