Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Party in Louisville

My oldest son and I were there for the first 45 minutes.

I wasn't sure whether to expect 20 or 2000. I'd estimate a crowd of about 500-600, but it probably grew during lunch.

(UPDATE: The C-J estimated the crowd at 400. That seemed low to me, even with just the pre-lunch crowd. In a Facebook post today, one of the organizers, Wendy Caswell said LMPD estimated it at 1,500 and she said they got 1,300 signatures on their petition.)

Good stuff...inspirational music, strong speeches, and a bunch of like-minded people-- at least on the issue of onerous taxation.

Is this the start of something bigger-- or just a bunch of "cranks" getting together to vent?

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Bryce Raley said...

Hopefully the start of something bigger.

I wanted to make it badly but it didn't work out. A bunch of the DC guys from this morning wanted to go as well.

I told them you and I might be on "the list".

 
At April 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Daniel Short said...

I think it is something bigger. I tried and tried to organize one for New Albany, but all the sites I proposed were shot down by the local and county governments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home