Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bellarmine to close 9-hole golf course

I haven't golfed in a few years-- and was at most, a hacker during college and grad school.

In Louisville, I've hardly played-- and mostly at short courses like Bellarmine. If I re-start, I'd probably continue to focus on shorter courses, since it doesn't take as much time.

In any case, I'll be sorry-- in the abstract-- to see the Bellarmine course disappear. I have a handful of memories from playing there with my wife and friends.

Here's the article in the C-J by Martha Elson...

Bellarmine University will close its nine-hole golf course July 6 and pave part of it for about 100 parking spaces....The move is intended, in part, to help accommodate a record freshman class of 615 students, compared to 560 last fall....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home