Tuesday, November 6, 2007

what is the primary purpose of the C-J?

I'd like to see their mission statement (and now have an email in to the publisher to see if I can see it). In any case, one of their primary missions seems to be influencing elections.

Their efforts to editorialize during the election season are rather ham-handed-- not only to promote most Democratic candidates, but also their pet projects (e.g., the library referendum on this ballot).

All that said, I was only driven to write something today because I was struck that they decided to encourage us on how to vote for at least two consecutive days with their "endorsement checklist" (i.e., sample ballots).

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Martina said...

Steve & I have long discontinued our subscription to the CJ. I've canceled plenty of magazines for the same reason. to the CJ: Don't give us biases and emotion. Give me the facts and expect that I'm smart enough to come to my own conclusions without your spoon in my face!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home