Sunday, December 7, 2008

C.S. Lewis quote-of-the-week

“A great many people seem to think that if you are a Christian yourself, you should try to make divorce difficult for every one. I do not think that. At least I know I should be very angry if the Muslims tried to prevent the rest of us from drinking wine…There ought to be two distinct kinds of marriage: one governed by the State with rules enforced on all citizens, the other governed by the Church with rules enforced by her or her own members.”

--Mere Christianity, book 3, ch. 6

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Derek said...

I can't believe I've never read mere christianity... these words are my EXACT thoughts ... I get disappointed that we are trying to hang on to what the state recognizes as marriage.. I say let the state and whoever wants it's version of marriage have it.. Kristie and I have something else that the world can't comprehend.

 
At December 7, 2008 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Eric Schansberg said...

Derek, you have to read it! The first third can be tough slogging. But if you get bogged down, just keep moving. I guarantee that you'll love the second two-thirds and profit it tremendously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home