Friday, June 12, 2009

sexism and hate speech from Letterman

The recent Letterman joke about Willow Palin was a mistake (he says it was supposed to target Bristol Palin instead) and a Mistake.

On the latter, here's Michelle Malkin at Jewish World Review on how one should (not) teach his son to talk about women. If Letterman had a daughter, I don't think he would have ever permitted that joke to see the light of day. It's not only a double standard politically (he wouldn't have made that joke about a Democrat), but it's rank sexism.

I'm a huge Letterman fan-- especially back in the day-- but it just got a lot tougher to watch him.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Eric Schansberg said...

A friend emailed in response:

I sent a letter to CBS's CEO (via AFA) stating a similar viewpoint. He seems increasingly angry towards conservatives over the past several years. I like his sense of humor, but have stopped watching him because I think he's just an angry Democrat...

My reply:

I think he liked Bush originally and felt betrayed-- in addition to the vast disagreements he had with Bush on Iraq and probably economics...

 
At June 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM , Blogger PianoMom said...

I had always liked David Letterman though I haven't been able to watch his show much in recent years.

After reading the article, I am disappointed and disgusted by these latest remarks about the Palin family, and do not find them funny in the least.
He has crossed the line.
Too bad; he is/was? a likable and talented guy.
Wonder if he will apologize?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home