Tuesday, December 15, 2009

70th anniversary of a bad, popular movie

Gone with the Wind debuted 70 years ago.

Tonia and I try to watch classic movies here and there. (I have more interest in this than her. So, when it doesn't pan out, I catch grief for awhile!)

We watched GWTW a few years ago-- and were appalled at the quality and surprised at its immorality.

As often as I've talked about the propensity of some to exaggerate "the good ol' days", I fell prey to it here. I thought it was going to be a "clean" film. But it was nothing of the sort-- glorifying adultery, etc.

Brutal...
If you haven't seen it, don't bother!
If you have, any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Christopher D said...

I have to agree with you whole heartedly on this!
Corny dialog, bad acting (in my humble opinion), horrid fake backgrounds...

Give me mockingbird, ben-hur, city lights, or any old movie with "stumpy" and john wayne paired up over GWTW!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home