Friday, March 13, 2009

the ultimate rejection letter

Our search this year "failed". We were trying to replace an economist who had moved on to far-greener pastures.

In light of that, here's a hilarious "letter" which turns the tables on rejection (hat tip: Billie Flener)!


Dear Professor Millington,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I
regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me
an assistant professor position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually 
large number of rejection letters.  With such a varied and promising field
of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
this time.  Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor
in your department this August.  I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
Sincerely,

Chris L. Jensen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home